It’s time for a mid year review. Last year we did a mid year review podcast episode and it was one of our more popular downloads, so I thought we would do it again!
I’m sharing how I do mine and how I walk my clients through one.
It’s a great time to check on where we are and where we are headed this year.
Here are some steps to follow to do your own mid year review.
- Reassess your yearly goals – What were your goals? Did you achieve them? Why or why not?
- Look back month by month – What revenue did you make? Get comfortable with looking at your numbers and the overall data.
- What was going on in your life? – Our personal lives can be so intertwined in our business life and we need to give ourselves grace. Keep notes every month.
- Look at inventory – Did you follow through with your intentional marketing plan each month?
- What do we do now? – What did you pay yourself? What was your profitability? How often have you worked? What’s working for you?
- Looking forward – Prioritize what’s important to you for the remainder of the year.
Get comfortable with being uncomfortable and really take a deep dive into your business.
Pause. Shift. Refocus and make plans for success!
A Quick Glance:
[2:24] Step 1: Reassess yearly goals
[11:01] Look back month by month
[14:05] What was going on in your life?
[19:11] What do we do with all of this information?
[22:18] Looking forward
Don’t forget to leave a review on Apple podcasts!
Don’t miss this special LIVE marketing session:
Join me on July 13th from 12 to 3 EST for a small group Marketing Implementation Day on Zoom and we will do it together. There are limited spaces available for this popular session.
Sign up HERE.
Related podcasts we think you’ll like:
Episode 110 – Permission to Pause, Reflect & Make Change Now
Episode 109 – Money Mindset, Abundance and Bad Ideas with Guest Expert Emily King
Episode 89 – Money Talk & Mindset with Profits First Coach April Stroink
Episode 73 – Encore Series: 3 Simple Sales Metrics Retailers Need to Measure for Better Sales
Episode 23 – The Nonnegotiable Paycheck and How to Start Paying Yourself
For more support from Wendy:
Top Sales Playlist
These are a few of my listeners favourite Creative Shop Talk Podcast episodes.
Grab your earbuts and listen in with me!