“Do a good job and you don’t have to worry about money.” – Disney
I recently attended a Women’s Leadership Conference at Disney World in Florida. Not only was the conference wonderful, but it gave me the opportunity to observe all the new things Disney is doing these days.
We all know that Disney has quite the strategy that makes people pull out their wallet and buy, buy, buy. So today we’re going over those strategies I observed and breaking them down one by one so you can apply them in your shop.
- Stay Fresh & New – Disney knows how to keep things exciting! New merchandise, new experiences, new adventures. But there’s also a consistency to their brand.
- Empower Your Employees – An educated staff and flexible policies are so important. Use Disney’s L.A.S.T. philosophy – Listen, Apologize, Solve, and Think.
- Value Prices – Disney prices for value. Improve your customers’ perceived value with amazing service, beautiful displays, and a memorable experience.
- Healthy Product Mix – Know your customers when it comes to your products. Have a mix of the classics, limited edition, high end, and trendy.
- Market Your Stories – It’s all about the Disney brand and customers wanting to be a part of its special story. Be more than just a shop and share your business culture. Nostalgia sells. Share stories about products you sell, customers, and your brand.
So… how can you be a little more Disney?
A Quick Glance:
[5:57] Keep it fresh
[10:16] Empower your employees
[12:55] Value prices
[16:12] Product mix
[18:52] Marketing your stories
[29:25] Share our podcast!
Don’t forget to leave a review on Apple podcasts!
Related podcasts we think you’ll like:
Episode 126 – 10 Simple Ways to Level Up Your Shop
Episode 118 – How To Create Loyalty and Amazing Customer Experiences with Shep Hyken
Episode 111 – Recession Proof Your Shop – How Should We Prepare
Episode 99 – How Should We Greet Customers?
Episode 93 – How To Wow and Delight Your Customers to Keep Them Coming Back
Episode 70 – Your Competitive Advantage Over Amazon
Episode 69 – Becoming A Destination Shop
Episode 55 – A Free, Simple, and Powerful Marketing Tool to Use
Episode 47 – The Secret to Getting Your Customers to Choose You Over Your Competition
Episode 37 – Expert Sharvette Mitchell Shares Customer-Focused Branding Tips for Retailers
Episode 25 – 3 Reasons Your Marketing Might Not Be Working Well
For more support from Wendy:
Top Sales Playlist
These are a few of my listeners favourite Creative Shop Talk Podcast episodes.
Grab your earbuts and listen in with me!