It’s our final episode of the Creative Shop Talk Podcast for 2022!
At the beginning of my mastermind group sessions, members share quick wins, insights, lessons and struggles. It really makes us take the time to acknowledge what’s truly going on in our businesses.
Wins – what are you currently celebrating?
Insights – what have you observed lately?
Lessons – what have you learned?
Struggles – what areas within your business need the most help?
So, in today’s episode of Creative Shop Talk, I’m getting personal and sharing my wins, insights, lessons, and struggles:
- I’m excited to say that I’ve gone back into coaching with my coaches. I invested heavily in hiring coaching with real determination of what I want.
- All of your wins are my wins as well. Hearing from so many of you this past year and all of the success you’ve had is a big win for me as well as working with all of my amazing retailer clients.
- The Creative Shop Talk Podcast downloads are going up substantially every week.
- I got out of my comfort zone and attended a conference for Canadian exporters.
- My husband and I bought an RV and took a month-long trip to Newfoundland, Canada.
- I have been very attentive to my health.
- I faced another fear and invited Jo Packham to be a guest on the podcast which in turn, provided many other opportunities to work with Jo. In 2023, I will be writing a business column inside her magazine, What Women Create.
- Lastly, I have a crystal clear vision and plan for 2023.
- We don’t have to be cookie cutter. We all need business foundations, but how we create those systems and foundations is going to be different than anyone else. There are many ways to run your business.
- We need to be intentional about who we surround ourselves with. Be super selective and find your true allies.
- Don’t play small. There’s zero growth in our comfort zone.
- Investing in coaching, teams, business growth, and myself has been huge for me and I see it for others as well this past year.
- Raise the bar when it comes to things like tech skills and what I can do.
- I am more comfortable with moving to the next level.
- I need to remind myself that I am capable and a strong decision maker.
- My wildly most important goals – I have my 3 big focus goals set.
Struggles over the past year –
- I have too many ideas. I need to corral all of my ideas and make strong decisions on what I can execute.
- Imposter Syndrome. It was in my head this year that everyone else had it together and was bigger and better. I need to remind myself that I am not for everybody and that’s ok.
- Impatience. I am impatient with my website updates, learning, making my team really cohesive, etc.
I am so excited for what’s coming in retail in 2023 – my clients, the podcast, and the ripple effect it all creates!
My Retail Made Simple course is OPEN and if you decide to purchase through December, you’ll get an amazing BONUS offer. A personal shop audit from me!
Jump in and say YES to a successful 2023!
A Quick Glance:
[1:41] Retail Made Simple is OPEN with a special bonus!
[29:50] What I am excited for?
[33:16] Closing remarks
Don’t forget to leave a review on Apple podcasts!
Related podcasts we think you’ll like:
Episode 133 – Community, Culture, and CEO Mindset with Amy Cseh
Episode 115 – How To Tame All of Those Great Ideas
Episode 106 – Multi-Passionate Jo Packham and the Creative Business Journey
Episode 100 – Why It’s Important to Celebrate Your Business Milestones
Episode 94 – Where to Spend Your Time and Focus Within Your Business
Episode 79 – Your Competitive Advantage Over Amazon
Episode 68 – Special Guest Marian Parsons On Growing and Doing Business Your Own Way
For more support from Wendy:
Top Sales Playlist
These are a few of my listeners favourite Creative Shop Talk Podcast episodes.
Grab your earbuds and listen in with me!