Now that you know how to plan successful events and promotions, you need to market them with intention to ensure customers show up. In this episode, I share intentional marketing tips and ideas that will help you meet the goals you set for your event. (HINT: It’s more than just setting up a Facebook event, and calling it a day!)
A few marketing ideas I elaborate upon in this episode are behind the scenes posts and sneak peeks, in-store signage, nurturing your email list, press releases, loyalty programs, community apps, social media, and paid marketing.
A FEW MARKETING HINTS/TIPS
- Build up the event 6-8 weeks in advance by sharing sneak peeks and posts that will elicit emotion from your customers.
- Market to your loyal customers by offering them – for example – an early opening, special door prize, etc.
- Promote your event so much that it is visible on your social accounts at all times.
- Think local! Invite other small businesses, pass out postcards, etc.
- Do ALL of the free marketing!
- Make sure any marketing you pay for is geared specifically toward you reaching your event goal and is targeted at your ideal client.
- Continue your marketing strategy throughout the entire event (social posts, lives, photos, etc)
“Show the crowd, show the people … the frenzy and the fun and all of the exciting things that are happening during your event. It’s gold.” – Wendy Batten
- Have unscalable conversations during the event.
- Make Instagrammable moments for your customers – invite your customers to share the event via a contest or other giveaway.
Key Questions to Guide You Through Intentional Marketing Planning
- What can you do to attract new customers to this event?
- What can you do to hype up our existing customers?
- What can you do on the day of the event to market and build the event up?
- Marketing should be INTENTIONAL, in line with your event goals, and targeted at attracting new customers and nurturing your existing customers.
- Do all of the free marketing options you can think of (and there are plenty of ideas in this episode!)
- Market your event throughout the entire day/weekend of the event.
Don’t forget to leave a review or star rating!
Retailer’s Inner Circle – My monthly coaching group for creative retailers
Related Podcasts Think You’ll Like:
Episode 143 – How to Plan and Host Successful Events and Promotions in Your Shop
Episode 55 – Unscalable Conversations – A Free, Simple and Powerful Marketing Tool To Use
Episode 93 – How to Wow and Delight Your Customers to Keep Them Coming Back