A little about Wendy..
Truth…I never know what to call myself. Coach, mentor, cheerleader? What I am, is a champion for small shop owners. I want to help, support and educate retailers that are driven and passionate about their dream business. I want to help them succeed.
Every day I have the privilege to work with creative shop owners, retailers and entrepreneurs who want more – time, energy, profits, fun. Some feel overwhelmed with their business like they are drowning in the weight of their business at times, they don’t know where to focus their limited energy and time in their business and feel sometimes like they are drifting as they dream of a successful retail business and a lifestyle to match.
Some retailers I work with have a great business, and they just want to refine it – level up, see the next level of success.
If you dream of a simpler way to run your business or support in any way with your shop, you’re in the right place.
I know, because I’ve been there. I can help you clear the path.
After almost losing my bricks and mortar store due to burn out in the day to day of running a creative business, I quickly realized I needed help, or I needed to close the doors. I knew business, but I running a “creative” business was so different. So heart centred so much work.
Early on, I couldn’t find anyone to help, there were no coaches or “fairy Godmothers” out there to help creative shop owner and retailers, so I pulled up my bootstraps, took tons of training, hired a business coach, made lots of mistakes and grew a successful business.
You can do it too, but you don’t have to do it alone.
With years of business experience under my belt, and hours of professional training and education, workshops and lots of trial and error my business thrived and I’m proud to say so are my students.
It fills my happy bucket to overflow when I can help other retailers, I’m a natural encourager and a creative soul and I love to help others find that focus and the right path and create a life by design not default in their business.
I am so humbled to mentor and coach monthly 100’s of creative shop owners from all over the globe, to host live in person retreat, work one on one with retailers and offer signature courses geared just for creatives shop owners. If you need help, reach out there are many ways we can work together.
You want more?
Ok, here are some of the “bullet points” about me, because I know you are busy!
- Started and ran a very successful brick and mortar, franchised and now am a full-time business coach to 100’s of creative shop owners
- I hate the word hustle.
- 20 plus years of business experience, owning my own coffee shop and still, co own a service business and a creative business with my Mr.
- I had the pleasure of working with several industry leaders as retail care managers, consultant, and primary educators. I love working with brands that care about their retailers.
- My favorite job is that of a mentor and coach for shop owners all over the world running retail businesses
- Flattered to be a guest speaker as a business coach on podcasts, at conferences and at retreats, stages including The Jennifer Allwood Show , Stu McLaren’s Tribe Live, “It’s a Tribe Thing” Podcast (listen here), guest host for Inspired In Tuscany’s annual creative retreat in Italy (more info here), and more.
- I didn’t feel heard or understood in this “small shop” world until I found my tribe and place while attending a conference 6 years ago, and have been building my own tribe since then, I believe strongly in community and tribe. Together is better.
- I’m a hugger – when we meet, I will want to hug you! 🙂
- I have a passion to see others do well, to inspire and help fellow retailers where I can. I’ve been there. I get it.
- I ran away from home at the age of 50…well, I ran away from my big forever home, sold everything I owned and moved to a small dodgy cottage by the sea, outside UNESCO World Heritage Town of Lunenburg NS, to a tiny fishing village. People find that hilarious. (And it is at times)
- I’ve been married 27 years with 2 grown children and 1 granddaughter Ava Rose. We run 3 businesses together and live in a tiny cottage we are DIYing. I deserve a medal (don’t you think?)
- I abhor catty competitiveness, there is room for all.
- We’re currently renovating our cottage home and hope to stay married through it.
- I drink gallons of dark roast coffee every day. It’s a non negotiable.
- I’m a 2 on the Enneagram, with a strong 3 wing, always working on improving.
- Helping retailers thrive fills my happy bucket. Like BIG TIME happy.
- I love hosting people from all over the world in programs, courses, my live retreats, and monthly coaching group, The Retailer’s Inner Circle. We also love hosting local retreats and creative escapes. I’ve had the pleasure of welcoming the Presidents of major companies, manufacturers, fellow retailers, hosted creative retreats and more. (You are welcome anytime!)