When is the last time you thought about your signage?
Your signage can do SO much more than just inform about pricing. Think of your signage as:
Your Silent Salesperson.
In this episode, we are discussing actionable steps, strategies, and tips on how to use your signage properly.
The “Do” List:
- Use simple font
- Help customers find “hidden gems” – ex: Staff favorites. Stick to your brand and make signage that helps your customers make decisions.
- Location – place signage on products, on the mat at the front door, etc. Ask a question or mention events and workshops. Allow your signs to do the work for you!
- Outdoor Signage – Does it say who you are and what you do? Be clear.
- CTA – include a Call to Action wherever you can.
The “Don’t” List:
- Only have SALES signs – don’t become the discount store.
- Dismiss the Quality – Make sure the sign reflects the quality of your brand.
- Location – place signage too high (have it at eye level).
Remember, be intentional about your signage. Coming from a place of being helpful and service will only reinforce your brand and increase your sales.
A Quick Glance:
[2:50] Hidden gems / Suggestive signage
[8:01] Location, location, location
[14:03] Outdoor signage
[16:22] Action step & a Level Up Tip
[18:55] How do we measure it?
Related podcasts you may like:
Episode 102 – Three Ways to Effortlessly and Easily Increase Sales After Events
Episode 93 – How to Wow and Delight Your Customers to Keep Them Coming Back
Episode 6 – Promote Your Retail Products & Enthusiasm with Free Demos
For more support from Wendy:
Top Sales Playlist
These are a few of my listeners favourite Creative Shop Talk Podcast episodes.
Grab your earbuds and listen in with me!