Why, as retailers, do we need a website? Not only does it give you credibility and a professional look, but it’s a marketing asset you OWN. It is something that is yours and simple goes a long way. Let’s face it, not everyone is on Instagram or Facebook, but they are searching Google, maps, or Google My Business.
But let’s make sure you aren’t making the five mistakes we talk about today.
In this episode, we will discuss:
- The Grunt Test – when customers land on your page, what do they see? Can they instantly see who you are, what you do for THEM, and where you are located? (Shop name, tag line, contact information, call to action, etc.)
- Images – Be clear with what you sell by showing images that instantly reflect what you sell. Images of the front of your shop, you, your team, products, your customers, etc. Humanize your brand with personal photos.
- Where’s Waldo? – Don’t make your customers SEARCH for important information. (contact, events, your eCommerce site, sales, meet our team, a map, payment methods)
- Mobile Optimization – Usually about 70% – 80% (or more) of your website traffic are mobile users. Make sure the look is clean in mobile view as well as desktop.
- Pop-Ups – High conversion rates here, but, make sure people have time to get to know your website prior to multiple pop-up offers. Also, make sure your offer is available on your website in case they miss the initial pop-up form.
Have you covered all the basics on your website? Make your website CLEAR for your customers so you’re not leaving money on the table.
A Quick Glance:
[2:03] Why do we need a website?
[8:11] The Grunt Test
[16:35] Your website shouldn’t feel like “Where’s Waldo”
[21:12] Mobile Optimization
[30:30] BONUS mistake
[33:05] A little favor to ask of you
A couple of examples from Inner Circle members to inspire you as I referred to in the podcast:
For more support:
If you want to elevate your skills as a shop owner, and have been searching for a unique community custom-made for you, join us inside the Retailer’s Inner Circle here!