You’ve spent so much time curating an amazing brand, so now what? It’s important that your customers are having the beautiful experience in your dream shop that you intend for them, so creating a customer journey map can ensure that you are doing all you can to achieve that goal.
Key Touchpoints to Focus On in Your Customer’s Journey Map
- Customer’s “awareness” of your shop: All of the things you did to ATTRACT customers: your website, Google My Business, social media, your front window – can customers find info easily on how to contact you?
- Customer’s first impression of your shop: Is the parking lot clean? Is it easy to park? How is the lighting in your shop? Are the mats clean? Did anyone greet the customer?
- Customer’s experience while shopping: Is your store properly merchandised? Is it clean? Are your staff members pleasant and helpful? Do you play music?
- Customer’s check out experience: Is your cash wrap neat? Are you offering conversation to your customer? Is the receipt process smooth? How are you and your team handling any missteps?
- Customer’s experience after they’ve left: Do you have things in place for them to refer you, to easily contact you with questions, to leave a review?
- Customer’s experience when they return: Is your staff good at recognizing repeat customers? Do you welcome them back?
As you walk through every touchpoint, the most important question to ask yourself is “What is my customer thinking and FEELING while they are experiencing every aspect of my brand and my shop?”
The customer’s journey map is ever-changing so be sure to go through this process regularly. This will help solidify your brand and improve your customer’s experience and in turn what they are saying about your business.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts |Spotify | Radio Republic | YouTube | PlayerFM | Stitcher | iHeartRadio
Don’t forget to leave a review or star rating!
Retailer’s Inner Circle – My monthly coaching group for creative retailers
Related Podcasts Think You’ll Like:
Episode 141 – Are you Running the Store of Your Dreams?
Episode 139 – 6 Things to Focus on in 2023
Episode 97 – 5 Mistakes to Avoid on Your Website
Episode 126 – 10 Simple Ways to Level Up Your Shop
More Support from Wendy:
Retailer’s Inner Circle – Join Wendy inside the best retailer’s community
Wendy’s FREE Resources for shop owners
Hang out and connect with Wendy on IG
More ways to connect with Wendy
Retail Made Simple – Wendy’s on demand course for shop owners wanting more from their business